Directions for Use:
* Mix each component separately and thoroughly until completely smooth and any clumps are completely dissolved. Use any or all of shaking, mixing machine, hand stir, etc.
* After components are mixed thoroughly, allow mixture to set (induct) for a minimum of 30 minutes before proceeding. Longer induction periods are also OK
* If reducing, add ample Epoxy Reducer #500 to get to a good viscosity for your spray equipment. STRAIN mixture into spray equipment.
* To seal metals: apply 2 thin coats allowing it to flash off between coats. Flash off is complete when surface looks dull and not wet. Allow 24 hours to cure before proceeding.
* Warmer temperatures will significantly reduce cure times
* Sand surface with 80 to 120 grit sand paper by hand or machine sand.
* Apply body fillers to finish body work. Make sure any body work is finished with 80 – 120 grit or finer sand paper.
* If you are applying over fiberglass surface, start applying as a filler for block sanding
* After body work is finished apply up to 5 coats as needed, letting flash-off in between coats.
* Let cure 24 to 48 hours depending on your shop conditions
* After cured no less than 48 hours - you’re able to block sand
Klass Kote Epoxy Primer requires significant times to achieve ample drying before block sanding, and therefore is NOT intended for production use. It should be used in cases where a high build, epoxy primer is needed for the most durable primer coats available.